We are always looking for individuals who have a natural talent in and passion for caring for others. Our team members come from all walks of life, and if we find a candidate who embraces our values, we will equip them with all the training they need to excel in their roles.
We are a caring employer and are committed to developing, nurturing and rewarding our people. Testament to this is being awarded Care Employer of the Year 2015 at The Great British Care Awards.
Nurse, AbingdonUp to £17.00phJob Description
We are currently recruiting for an experienced nurse to join our care home in Abingdon.
Job purpose – To assess, plan, deliver and evaluate a high personalised standard of residential care which meets the individual needs of residents and the high standards expected at Carebase. To ensure that at all times residents are treated with respect and dignity and that individual’s rights to privacy, dignity, independence and choice are met. To ensure that the company’s mission statement and core values are carried through all aspects of patient care.
- To provide the highest level of personal care (toileting, washing, bathing etc) and attention to Residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive. To act as a key worker for a named group of Residents, ensuring that these responsibilities are carried out in full.
- To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Care Standards Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout the Home.
- To participate in the formulation and maintenance of individual care plans for each Resident and administer medication to Residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records for both.
- To liaise with other care professionals relating to the care needs of the Residents.
- To always be alert to Residents – physical and mental well being, immediately reporting any accidents or changes in a Resident’s condition to a senior person on duty, and to accurately maintain and update Residents’ records as required.
- To respect and maintain confidentiality of Resident’s personal information at all times, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care.
- Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs, and encourage, assist and support Residents to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes escorting Residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
- Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying Resident’s room, undertaking light cleaning duties as needed, ensure any maintenance work is reported and generally assisting in ensuring that the Carebase Home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
- Helping to serve meals and drinks at meal times and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an attractive way, with polite and courteous service. Also, to provide the appropriate level of support and help for Residents who need assistance with feeding and dressing.
- To be an active and supportive member of the Care team, contributing to team meetings, training and development, ensuring good communication ensuring that Carebase is a friendly and supportive working environment.
Relevant facts and figures relating to the job
Key worker to designated Residents. Formal supervision of junior staff.
This role is a team role, but with clear responsibility for specified Residents along with overseeing and supervising care teams. Clear communication with other team members is essential.
To supervise and support the care team, ensuring that Carebase’s values of trust, respect and care are always maintained and that each team member treats residents in the way that they would expect to be treated themselves.
- Care and compassion.
- Respect and appreciation.
- Teamwork and enjoyment.
- Focus and best practice.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Recognition and reward.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Development and investment.
- We will sustainably fulfil our mission and vision by building a strong financial platform.
Mandatory training is up to date. Personal accountability for own training and development needs.
Good numeracy and literacy skills. A warm and friendly disposition. Good communication skills, able to put others at ease. A strong team worker. Reliable and punctual. Willingness to develop new skills.Apply Now
Bistro Assistant, Abingdon £7.80 per hourJob Description
Join a rewarding company as part of the team at Bridge House who are winners of the Putting People First South East of England Care Award.
Job Purpose – To facilitate the smooth running of the Bistro Service through assisting in the production of quality food and maintaining at all times the highest possible standards of hygiene whilst also ensuring an exceptional customer service experience.
- To set up and maintain the Bistro Service daily
- Welcome Guests, Residents and Club Members to the Bistro
- Assist with preparation of Snacks such as Salads, Baked potatoes, Paninis, sandwiches, baguettes for residents and guests be aware of any specific food requirements and ensure everyone is treated with respect, dignity and given choice
- To understand and comply with statutory and legal requirements such as HACCP, Health & Safety, COSHH, Environmental Health, to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- To clean and tidy all areas of the Bistro with the correct products following instruction and guidance contained in the cleaning schedules ensuring the Bistro is always cleaned to the highest standards.
- Ensure that all catering equipment is in full, safe working order, immediately report any faults to the Maintenance Personal and / or lifestyle co-ordinator
- Replenish with new stock, store appropriately and rotate current stock correctly to maintain optimum freshness of all foodstuff.
- To work as an integral part of the team, contribute to meetings and training sessions as required ensuring that the Bistro is a friendly and supportive working environment.
- Accept and take bookings ,liaising with lifestyle co-ordinator and Chef
- Adhere to all Carebase Policies and Procedures maintaining professional interactions with all residents, guests, colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Manage all financial transactions in line with Carebase financial policies and procedures maintaining diligence, honesty and integrity, recording orders accurately on the till processing card and cash payments.
- Assist the lifestyle team with any Functions and activities held / booked within the home
- Support other colleagues in the home at peak times and as the need requires to ensure a first class customer experience.
- Respond positively to feedback from customers, alerting complaints to the Manager
This is a team role, fundamentally within the Bistro but also with the rest of the Care Home team and the residents themselves. Communication is essential in order to plan and provide a first class customer service experience through provision of Snacks and Drinks that are nutritious, interesting and which meet the expectations of the residents.
- Care & Compassion for every life we touch.
- Respect & Appreciation for each other.
- Teamwork & Enjoyment in working together.
- Focus & Discipline on improving the quality of care.
- Creativity & Innovation to develop effective solutions.
- Honesty & Integrity in all dealings.
- Sustainably fulfil the Carebase Mission and Vision by building a strong financial
Mandatory training is up to date and personal responsibility for training and development as and when required. Results and feedback for Home inspections.
Basic Food Hygiene.
Ability to use and maintain essential catering and cleaning products.
Knowledge of basic food preparation, stock control and rotation.
Good communication skills.
Practical and organized.
Reliable and punctual.
Excellent personal hygiene.
Friendly, helpful “can do” attitudeApply Now